Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pussy Foot With "Purr By Katy Perry"

Platinum-selling recording artist Katy Perry is set to extend her brand into beauty with the launch of her first fragrance, "Purr by Katy Perry".

Teaming with Gigantic Parfums, Perry was involved in the development of her signature scent, that opens with a fresh citrus accord featuring peach nectar and apple with green bamboo. Supporting notes include a bouquet of jasmine blossom, pink freesia and Bulgarian rose, balanced by vanilla orchid, white amber, sandalwood and musk.

"I'm absolutely thrilled to finally introduce me in a bottle," said Perry.

"There is a wonderful world of fragrances out there, but like with my music, I believe there is room for me and my own unique twist on it. 'Purr' is a natural extension of who I am as a woman - it's a gorgeous blend of all my favorite scents that embodies my style, my tastes and my love for all things incredibly cute. It is an absolutely purrfect perfume that I hope leaves you meowing with delight!"

Perry was also hands-on in the design of the bottle. Having already appeared on stage dressed as DC Comics 'Catwoman' along with an oversize blow-up cat, she used this inspiration designing the perfume bottle with jeweled eyes, metallic accents and lavender coloring.

The eau de parfum, was developed with Firmenich fragrances.

Click the images to enlarge...